When you mop the floor, you not only get rid of dust and germs, but also reduce unpleasant odors and remove oily dirt. It makes your home feel clean and comfortable. Here are instructions for some floor mops and cleaning materials to help you clean your floors—from kitchens to bedrooms to living rooms to bathrooms—as well as efficient mopping methods.
A quality carbolic acid like Domestos will make the job of mopping the floor easier while getting rid of stubborn dust and grease. Always read and follow the instructions for use on the product label before using it.
Floor cleaning equipment
Before you start mopping, you need to make sure you have the right floor cleaning equipment.
Vacuum cleaner, broom and dustpan.
Multifunctional mop. There are several types of mops on the market based on shape, size, and material. Mops with flat pads are one type of mop that is easy to use for various maneuvers. The mop pads can be washed, reused, and replaced. The drawback is that you may have difficulty reaching the corners of the house. Mops in the form of tassels made of rope or long cloth are effective for mopping the corners of a narrow room and scrubbing the materials that stick to the floor surface. However, this type is more difficult to clean because it is not easy to remove and wash. The sponge type mop is suitable for use on flat surfaces. In general, you can use any type of mop depending on the type of floor and the shape of the room.
Floor cleaner, disinfectant, or carbolic acid. There are many different types of floor cleaners sold on the market and each is manufactured specifically for a specific type of floor—wood, tile, ceramic/porcelain, or plastic. Make sure you use a product that is suitable for your type of floor because some products contain certain chemicals that can damage natural materials such as real wood and thin tiles.
How to clean the floor
Start by preparing the area to be mopped. Remove small tables, chairs, and other household furniture from the room you will be mopping.
- Use a broom and dustpan or a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and dust. Dispose of dust and dirt in the trash.
- Fill a bucket with hot water and a floor cleaning product. Make sure you use the right amount of cleaning product. Too much of it can actually make your floor sticky. Read and follow the instructions for using floor cleaning products on the packaging.
- Dip the mop in the bucket, turn it a few times, then wring it out so it doesn’t get too wet. Avoid creating puddles of water on the floor. If you need Concrete cleaning in Perth, you can use service from perthblastnseal.com.au
- Start mopping from the corner of the room farthest from the door. Move the mop from side to side in a figure eight (for mops with tassels) or in a straight line (for sponge mops).
- Rinse the mop in the bucket every few moments, wring it out, and continue mopping. Change the water in the bucket if it is runny or dirty.
- Walk backwards while moving the mop until the entire floor is covered. Remember, walk backwards towards the door so you don’t get stuck in a corner! Allow the floor to dry completely before you step on it again.